Tuesday 30 August 2011

Spiralling

I heard a good analogy today - apparently it's from Bridget Jones' diary. I have read that book, so I guess I must have been happy when I read it because this didn't stick in my mind..

It's something along the lines of your post-breakup life life is like a cone and down one side of it is a line of pain. You are slowing spiralling down the cone and keep crossing the line of pain. The pain line never goes away but the further down the cone you are, the longer the periods between when you cross it. I guess I'm still pretty near the top. In fact I think I may even by spiralling upwards, perhaps my tired brain has mixed its metaphors and thinks getting over this is an uphill struggle? Anyway I'm sad a lot is my point.

There are moments of beauty though. I enjoyed my horse riding lesson again - I even did a couple of (mini) jumps! It was scary and I banged myself in a place that should only be treated nicely.. but it was ace :)

I've also been doing some work - and you've lumped that in as a moment of beauty I hear you cry?!! - well yes, I have actually enjoyed it. I'm a teacher, a new teacher, a new Physics teacher and I really can't wait to start my job this week. Apparently the NQT year is busier than the PGCE year (which was incredibly busy) and I like being busy.

I have to go in on Thursday and Friday for training, so tomorrow is my trial run of getting up early. I've tried easing myself into it by setting the alarm early this morning but not actually getting up. Phase two tomorrow is getting up early but getting ready slowly. Phase three is the real deal on Thursday. I plan to lay out my clothes ready, fireman style and like a good schoolie will pack my bag the night before.

It has to be one of the worst 'first day at a new job' (although I imagine wasp catcher and gynaecologist come pretty close - not sure why I've put those two together). Just imagine - on your first day of work having to stand up in front of 30adolescents who are wishing it was still the summer holidays. Don't get me wrong though - I do love it, teaching is not without it's charm. The kids on the whole are great and the truth is, I love Physics. So talking about Physics all day is O.K. by me. And well just anything to take me out of myself..

So last day of freedom tomorrow. Naturally I need to go and paint my cupboard as I've managed to put off finishing that and I've made a sign of my expectations so I'm going to stick that on my wall. Then I'm going to go to the cinema and watch planet of the apes. I love the cinema.

Wednesday is hump day... it's downhill to the weekend from there on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment